Head of Business Systems
We're looking for an experienced technology leader to lead our Business Systems team across Belgium, the Netherlands and Sweden, and provide the internal business platforms to our staff to enable them to then deliver great content and digital learning solutions to teachers and learners. We are uniquely positioned to build truly impactful products that deliver great outcomes for teachers and students every single day.
The Business Systems team is a crucial foundation in ensuring we can execute on this vision. If our underlying systems that support our core processes around Product Creation, Sales, Marketing, Delivery, Finance and HR are not suitable, we will not have the foundations we need to be successful and move with our customers needs.
This team will be responsible for the day to day operation of Salesforce, Klopotek and SAP, along with a range of other smaller tools that enable our commercial teams to operate day to day. You will be supported by the IT team, who will provide you with the first line service desk and with the core infrastructure and services you need to build on and work alongside the Content Systems team who are specialists in the operation of our core content platform that underpins the creative heart of our business.
You will be an experienced IT leader with an ability to lead a team and work within a complex environment across multiple countries, with a desire to both deliver change and improvements over time while having the discipline to operate a set of existing platforms day to day.
The role can be based in any of our office locations, as your team will also be distributed to be close to our users and wherever we can find the best talent. This role will require some travel, though we aim to maximise the use of video conferencing and collaboration tools to keep that to a minimum.
You will report directly in the CTO of Infinitas Learning, and be part of the Technology leadership team.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that people across the Infinitas companies understand our business systems strategy, and have visibility of any in-flight change initiatives and how that may impact their business area
- Deliver reliable and performant tools across all business areas, in conjunction with the IT team who will provide the underlying infrastructure, networks and equipment
- Support the growth of our digital business by delivering a set of integrated back-office tools that then support our customer-facing product teams, enabling them to build best in class experiences for our customers
- Show a deep understanding and empathy towards the needs of the business areas, and ensuring that the focus of the business systems team are on the things that make a difference across the companies
- Create a customer-oriented service culture that is focused on delivering value and services into the three operating companies
- Professionalise the operation of our business systems team across the Infinitas companies, in conjunction with the Head of IT
- Work with the Architecture team to ensure that the solutions we deliver to the business areas are well architected and that we have a clear picture at all times of the Processes, Data and Systems that underpin our business systems architecture
- Ensure that Business Systems teams are executing against the agreed technology roadmap and strategy
- Act as the overall contract manager and contact for all key suppliers, managing the cost of the services as well as quality against contractual terms.
- Develop and then manage the cost of the Business Systems platforms and team, based on agreed annual budgets
You will ideally have:
- Experienced in current agile project delivery methodologies
- Experienced in traditional IT service management processes such as Incident and Change management
- Experience in the hands-on configuration or implementation of Business Systems at scale - preferably one of Salesforce, Klopotek or SAP but not required
- Experience in leading a team of technology professionals, ideally with experience leading a team that is spread across multiple locations
- Strong communication skills and an ability to explain complex technical subjects in a way that business stakeholders can understand
- Experience managing a budget, along with contractual management and negotiation with suppliers around software and services
Are you the colleague we are looking for?
Please send your application and CV to Jurriaan Graaff, Group HR Director:
For questions, please contact Clifton Cunningham: firstname.lastname@example.org